Wednesday 21 January 2009

Redevelopment in Seoul NOW #1-Updated!!

I took this pic on 28th Feb 2008. Seokyodong near Hapjeong Station( is my neighbourhood) where the new building is in the process... This grey fense-wall is part of the street you have to see everyday in Seoul. will post new pic of this street soon...I just got a comment by a blogger who wrote about The Disappearance of Gindeung Maeul(below link). He sent me the link of some pictures of this neighbourhood's destruction last year(above pic). Really thansk for that as i have lost all my old pics on my hard drive-devastating!!

Here is brief intro about previous project in Bergen:
My project will be undertaken on both an independent and a collaborative-basis, exploring the interstices of public and private spaces. For instance, I would like to invite local participants including artists, architect, musicians, designers, students and cultural workers from various groups within the community. It allows invited artists, students and cultural workers to make descriptions of self-portraits in words or speaking (by using narrative), for local participants and communities to produce and participate in art production. For example, Participants are invited to reply to questions: describing themselves, their work, their future plans and how cultural workers help with gentrification, urban renewal, the creation of a service economy, labor of affect/emotions etc.
"How artist help with gentrification, urban renewal, the creation of a service economy, labor of affect/emotions? "
BTW I found very useful info about other part of city "Redevelopment" in Seoul. check this Gusts Of Popular Feeling: The Disappearance of Gindeung Maeul


2 comments:

matt said...

Thanks for the links! I've been enjoying reading your blog. If you're interested in the Seokyo-dong development (near Hapjeong Station) I took some pictures of the neighbourhood's destruction last year.

Jooyoung said...

really happy that you got all the photos!!